This salad takes maybe 10 minutes to prep and it’s absolutely delicious. I love it so much I’ve definitely made it weekly for the past month or so. Not only can you eat it straight up, it’s killer with pita bread, fresh French bread or cooked into a panini.
I feel so healthy after eating this. (Despite the mozzarella, which is actually healthy fats. Right guys?)
The ingredients can be easily adjusted to suit your tastes… I like extra tomatoes and extra mozzarella. Sometimes my husband’ll cook the onions and chill them..
There are only four ingredients in it… you ready?
4 Ingredient Summer Salad
- 2 medium-large tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 of an onion (red/white/yellow—your call here)
- A cup (or so) of diced fresh mozzarella
- Just-ground pepper + salt (optional & to taste)
- A pinch of cumin (optional)
- Dice everything. See photos for relative size. It’s not an exact science.
- Put it together and mix carefully (otherwise the avocados will smoosh)
- Serve artfully plated or dish (or eat it) straight up outta the bowl (cos we’re classy like that).
Let me know if you’ve tried it and liked it! I also would love to hear about (get linked to) your fave go-to summer salads/entrees/cocktails!